Looking for a tutorial on how to do rope twist braid? Check out this hairstyling guide that will help you make the rope twist braid perfectly. Read further to know more about it.
A stunning rope twist braid is a timeless and classy hairstyle, which has been in fashion for centuries and is still very popular.
How To Do Rope Twist Braid?
Start with tying your hair into a high-end ponytail and ensure it is tight and enact with an elastic band. Divide the pony into two sections and twist it along the process while you divide your hair. You need to put one section of your twisted rope twist on top of the other while you pleat your hair. Cross over each divided twist one on top of the other while you move downwards and rotate it into a clock or anticlockwise direction. We can create this style in easy steps, all you need to do is; twist the sections of your hair while you braid them.
You can add different styles and patterns and also accessories to your hairstyle with beads, cuffs, ribbons to make it stand out. Let us look into the steps and understand how to do a rope twist braid?
How To Do Rope Twist Braid?
French Rope Twist Braid
To start with this hairstyle you need to brush your hair and make sure it is tangle-free. You need to keep your hair well moisturised. A Rope braid ponytail looks amazing when done on long hair. . Let’s learn how to do a twist braid on white hair.
You should blow dry your hair and be sure you apply hair serum before you begin styling it into a French rope twist braid. Divide your hair into sections and decide on the pattern whether you want to do a french rope twist braid from the roots or a little away from the roots of your hair.
You can do a french rope twist from sides and centre too, once you are done dividing your hair into two sections, twist one section on top of the other.
While you wrap the braids one on top of the other keep the strands tight and hold it to ensure it stays tight. You need to rotate the braids in an anticlockwise direction. Here you have your french rope braid ready.
Key points to remember while you do a French rope twist :
- Keep your strands stress free
- Keep your hair moisturized
- Make sure to do clock and anticlockwise rotational movement
- You can tie a ponytail to make the process easier
- If you want to make your french rope twist a little less twisted you can also leave the strands a little more relaxed while you twist it.
- If you want a more denied or tiny french braid just section your hair into smaller sections
Traditional Rope Braid
Section your hair into two, keep the hair strands as medium or thick. Keep your hair tangle-free and make sure you apply hair serum before you begin styling it. Let’s learn how to do a twist braid on black hair.
After you have divided the section into two you need to further divide it down into two in the middle. Start with making rope twists twist your hair in an anticlockwise direction while you bring it down.
Repeat the process on the left and right sides of your hair and keep it steady and neat. You can either continue to make a rope twist till the end of your hair or leave some portion of your hair towards the end. This style of rope twist hair looks gorgeous.
Key points to remember while you do a traditional rope twist braid
- Keep your hair sectioned into medium thickness
- Keep your hair tangle-free
- Keep your hair well moisturized
- You need to keep your hair twist tight and neat while you braid your hair
- You can leave some position of your hair towards the end before you tie it with an elastic band or tuck bobby pins to ensure it remains intact.
Basic Rope Twist Braid
To do a basic rope twist braid you need to ensure you have tangle-free hair. Wash your hair before you start with the process of making a basic rope twist. Let’s move to the twist braid tutorial below. Keep your hair well moisturized. You can use a leave-in conditioner to ensure its ends are not rough or dry.
Start with tying your hair into a high-end ponytail and ensure it is tight and enact with an elastic band.
Divide the pony into two sections and twist it along the process while you divide your hair. You need to put one section of your twisted rope twist on top of the other while you pleat your hair.
Cross over each divided twist one on top of the other while you move downwards and rotate it into a clock or anticlockwise direction.
You can either choose to do a medium or big section while you braid your hair, end it with elastic rubber.
Key points to remember while you make a basic rope twist braid
- Tie a tight ponytail
- Make sure your hair is not tangled
- Apply hair serum to your hair
- Use bobby pins to ensure the braids remain intact
- Braids can be medium to thick
One-Sided French Rope Twist Braid
To achieve this look, you need to start by ensuring your hair is tangled and stress-free. Keep your locks well-nourished and moisturized, you can shampoo your hair and blow-dry it before you start braiding them.
Divide your hair into one side section while you leave the rest of the hair as is. On your forehead section make smaller sections of the divided hair. Start braiding your hair from the section close to your forehead and twist it all the way back.
Cross over each section in a clock or anti-clockwise direction, continue the twisted rope and keep adding it around your hair.
Baird the remaining hair into a normal braid and end it with an elastic band towards the end. You can style the twisted rope as you like.
This type of braid looks amazing on kids and ensures your hair to be tangled free and neat.
Key points to remember while you do a One-sided french rope twist braid:
- Make sure your hair is tangle-free
- Keep your locks moisture
- Use a leave-in conditioner when you shampoo your hair
- Use bobby pins to keep your hair intact
- Make sure the twisted rope in front is sleek and small
Twisted Rope Twist Braid with a Bun
This is a stunning hairstyle to try out for yourself or your kids. To get this hairstyle you need to section your hair into two sections. One section where you do a rope twist braid in the forehead and one at the back of your hair.
Start by making tiny rope twist braids from the forefront of your hair and continue it to back, you can use a hair spray to keep the braids tight and secure.
You can take the remaining section of your hair and make a traditional rope twist braid, while you braid your hair make sure you apply enough serum so the tiny hair does not spring up.
You need to bun up your braided hair with either an elastic band or using pins at the back section of your hair.
This hairstyle looks great for a formal occasion and to add to style if you add a stunning flower to complete the look. Well, you have a stunning twisted rope twist braid with a bun.
Key points to keep in mind while you do a twisted rope twist braid with a bun:
- You need to use quite a several bobby pins, make sure you keep them in handy
- Use a hair spray where ever needed
- Use a leave-in conditioner while you wash your hair
- Keep the braids tight, so that it stays for longer
- Ensure your bun is tight while you pin it at the back
Small Rope Twist Braid
This is an amazing hairstyle, cool and breezy hairstyle, especially for summers. To get this hairstyle you need to make sure you have shampooed and blow-dry your hair. You need to apply a hair serum to your hair and prevent it from damage due to twisting and pulling.
You can use a leave-in conditioner to keep your hair well moisturized. Start by dividing your hair into tiny sections. You can start by brain each section of your, while you braid then add a tiny twist along the process.
You can complete the look by doing these tiny twisted braids across the divided sections of your hair. This hairstyle looks amazing for a casual day out. Rope twisted braid on black hair looks amazing.
Key points to keep in mind while you do a small rope twist braid:
- Make sure you divide your hair into as many tiny sections as possible. The tinier the section, it will look more stunning.
- Use a hairspray when you need to
- Use a hair serum before you begin styling
- You can complete the look by adding beads and cuffs to this hairstyle
- Keep your hair moisture locked
Coloured Rope Twist Braid
Add a tinge of glamour ad fun to a traditional rope twist braid by adding colours to your boring strands. You can add as many colours as you wish or go for monotones and highlights.
To get this look, divide your hair into two sections and tie it up while you pull back all your hair and let it set.
While you start braiding your hair, keep twisting it through the process and leave some hair towards the end, tie it with an elastic band.
Key points to remember while you do a coloured rope twist braid:
- Make sure you have undertones to add a fun twist to a traditional rope
- Colour your hair to the colour you like
- Use a colour protect shampoo and conditioner to ensure your hair does not get damaged
- Use bobby pins whenever needed
- Make sure the twisting isn’t too harsh and your strand has enough space to breathe
You can also style your rope twisted braids as you please, you can add beads, colours and ribbons to ace the look.
Rope Twist Braid: FAQs
How is rope twist braid different from the Senegalese twist?
What is rope twist braid?
How long do rope twist braid last?
Can you wash your hair if you have rope twist braid?
Hey there! I’m Joanne. I’m a hair stylist by the day and a beauty blogger by the night. My hairstyling journey leaped when I started writing blogs on different topics related to the same.